Special VIP Event
Study and Careers in Minerals and Energy for Indonesia
A Western Australian Government Initiative with Saksara
Sunday 5 October 2014 at Le Meridien Hotel Ballroom Jakarta - 1:30PM - 5:30PM
Monday 6 October 2014 at Aston Primera Pasteur Hotel Bandung - 2:30PM - 6:30PM
Western Australia currently has over one thousand operating mining projects, including mine sites, and oil and gas fields. It is an industry valued at more the $106 billion, and directly employs around 100,000 people across Western Australia, making it one of the most resource rich states in the world.
There are around 40 Australian mining companies with an interest in around 120 mining projects in Indonesia. The connections between Western Australia and Indonesia are growing rapidly through the valuable expertise and experience in Western Australia, and through our shared geographical proximity. Perth is just a 4.5 hour direct flight from Jakarta.
The sustainable use of minerals and energy has the capacity to advance Indonesia’s development and improve opportunities and the quality of life for future generations. Australia continues to be involved in this development through industry and education partnerships, and through Australian aid initiatives, like the International Mining for Development Initiative, based in Western Australia.
Western Australia’s leading universities and educational institutions play a critical role in the training of professionals, and the delivery of skills training for a growing workforce that powers this important industry. These institutions maintain significant connections to some of the biggest resource companies in the world.
This special education and careers event is all about the minerals and resource sector having the opportunity to advise students what expertise they will need to grow and develop their businesses into the future. This information, coupled with advice about study courses and accreditation, will empower students to make good study choices for future careers in the minerals and energy sector.
Through this partnership between industry, world class government universities, government vocational training colleges, university pathway providers, and special advisors; students and parents will have the opportunity to explore the exciting professional careers that are emerging through the minerals and energy sector in Australia and Indonesia.
- University graduate salaries in minerals and resource industries range between AUD$65,000 (Engineering) - AUD$80,000 (Earth Sciences) per year.
- There are more than 40 Australian Mining Companies with interests in more than 120 resource projects in Indonesia.
- There are more than 1000 mine sites, oil and gas fields in Western Australia
- The minerals and energy sector directly employs around 100,000 Western Australian’s
- Western Australia’s economic output (GSP) is around 50% higher then the national average
- Western Australia’s has the lowest unemployment rate of any state in Australia at under 5%
This special VIP event is for specially selected students and their parents to come and access knowledgable and up-to-date career and study guidance from leading experts and advisors. These will include:
- Human resources and career development experts from leading international mining and resource companies in Indonesia and Australia
- Minerals and Energy sector Western Australian experts
- Australia - Indonesian Business Council resources sector guest speaker.
- Representatives from Curtin University, Edith Cowan University, Murdoch University, and The University of Western Australia.
- University Foundation Partner Representatives
- Post study employment in Australia - Special Advisor
Places are limited. confirm your registration online.
Special Referral Offer
We will give you up to 250k Starbucks Card credit if you refer your school friends to the attend the event.**
***We will give you 50k credit for each friend whom you recommend. They must register online and include your name in the referral section. They also have to attend the event with a parent/s. Up to a maximum of 5 friends, and only until the event quota is filled. Its that easy! Share it with your friends today.
You can also connect with us on Facebook